Saturday, December 4, 2010

Helen, Georgia


My husband called me the other day and asked me to look up www.helenga.org. So I did and I found a wonderful little town built with the "old Bavarian style" buildings. RIGHT HERE IN THE USA!!! It is about an hour from Atlanta from what I can see on Google Maps. It is also set in the southern part of the Appalachian Mountains. It looks fabulous.

They have little local stores full of arts and crafts stuffs. They have carriage rides and other winter festivities. They decorate for Halloween and Christmas. What fun!


There are a bunch of museums and The Cabbage Patch Babyland General Hospital, birthing center for the Cabbage Patch Kids. I still have mine!!

It would be a lot of fun to go there. This year their big festivities are this weekend, but they are still decorated and have other events through the season.


No comments:

Post a Comment